820-2850 Flashing folder

Chuck60

Hi I received a board with a missing display connector. I replaced it with a new one. Yesterday it booting fine. But today it’s not boot in to any hdd or OS X. :( I’ve swapped it twice with two hdd and two SATA flex cables know good. Checked the fl4510 and caps c4511,c4510
I have 5v at SATA connector pins 9,11. The fl4510 has continuity from terminals 1-2, 3-4. The u4510 area is spotless. SATArdrvr_a_en =3.4v
Smc_odd_detect =3.3v
at r4590 I have a value of 20k ohm and the schematic says 33k.
Lastly it won’t pram reset and it also has a weird issue that it won’t respond to power key from time to time while powering on but will always power off with no issue if that means anything. I also swapped it with another keyboard and power button. Just to be sure.

Last edited:

Chuck60

I will have to make a new usb tonight.
Let me ask you. I have a OS X Lion disk handy Will that work In the meanwhile? I understand that the dvd/hdd might work together but maybe the dvd drive can help me diagnose? Both the dvd drive and hdd drive spin up.

Chuck60

Ok so I tried a usb and boot disk it won’t boot. When I hold option key it has a efi lock :/ would this give me my symptoms ?

Chuck60

I have a programmer. do you think a clean bios would fix this :/ I’m assuming I would just replace the password with the code inside a clean bios would I be correct in thinking I could use the blank code it basically a “place holder” to flash efi lock ? I’m sorry I never encountered this problem the salvage company says they don’t have it.

Chuck60

Ok it worked. How can I test for the kernel panic issue this board suffer From?
Like what does it do ? I have another one of these from the same company. But it’s missing pm_slp_s4_L. I will start a new. Thread for that one

Chuck60

No it doesn’t it seems to run fine but I was wondering how would I test for a kernel panic ? I looked it up on the internet and it say no video or video issues and freezing. are there any other symptoms? By the way thanks a lot for your help

Chuck60

Thanks informatico it wasn’t kernel panic Ming but why risk it I just switched it out
Thank you for your help