3115 no power with battery

MDY

This board with battery and ac adapter power and work ok where ppbus is 12.60
V. Charge the battery and I can remove the adapter and still works ok only with battery.

Problem is this board will NOT power ONLY with battery where PPBUS is 12.00V

dukefawks

Administrator
Battery recognized is OSX? Checked for corrosion around U5010, the probe point around U5010 tend to corrode and cause this issue too.

MDY

Only with battery:

SMC_RESET_L - 3.42V
SMC_ONOFF_L goes to 0V when power is pressed.
No corrode probe arround. Cannot measure any signals are required to power only with battery? No difference on power sequency?

Last edited:

MDY

R5014 has 3.52V on both pins. Did smc reflow.
How SMC make the differenc if ac adapter is pluged? No way to check that signals?

Last edited:

smiba

If the battery is not recognised by the system, it does no attempt to start from it.
What are the voltages of R5280 and R5281 with the battery plugged in?
Does it actually charge the battery with this motherboard? If not, try a known good battery because something is not going right on the SMC_5_G3 data lines. This could be caused by the SMC, pull-up resistor, battery or because of ugly U7000 (unlikely)

smiba

I hate to hijack the thread like this but what is the reason for checking R5014, as its related to memory? Still learning so maybe I'm missing something
(OP can ignore this comment)

dukefawks

Administrator
Checking R5014 because it's 3V42 is supplied through a probe point that is commonly corroded and will cause no start from battery.

Voltage on G3_POWERON_L?