5s boot loop after usb port replacement

Nick

Hello guys, in the lab I only do the electronics, my partners do all the other shit, now I am very noob when it comes to iPhones because I am just getting started.

So, they got a iphone5 with an erratically working port, so they changed it with a new one. Apparently the itouch and loudspeaker weren't working anymore so they installed a new one thinking this one was faulty. Tada... the phone now goes in boot loop, only showing the Apple logo and sometimes the low battery symbol so they gave them to me after trying the first port again (no change of behaviour)

I have tried to charge the battery with an external phone battery charger

uu36k8I.jpg

and put it back in and I Still get only the boot loop, the phone isn't recognized by iTunes... Now before I let the customer kill us all (and rightfully so) what should I look for to fix the problem? I am completely lost as the only thing I have done on iPhones was changing some U2 ics.

thank you guys.. please help a poor idiot out, have a good weekend

Last edited:

Nick

Oh fuck... I didn't even consider that... Oh well somebody's gonna get a rain of shit and that ain't me

dukefawks

Administrator
Did you even look in the screw holes? Usually pretty obvious.
It's fixable but it's not a fun job and on the 5s is not worth it, unless the data is irreplaceable.

Nick

I didn't have the material time. I had the phone under my hands for 5 mins total. They did all the work replacing shit. I am gonna check it on Monday. The customer is gonna get a new 6s if he is ok with it, I will try to fix this thing to recover the data for him. Just fucking great. Loss of money and time for a Bullshit. I really hope it is not the long screw shit but at this point it is the only logical thing considering it had no problems before. we will know the truth on Monday. Fucking fantastic.

jessa

There is nothing I hate more than seeing people inexperienced with phones fuck people's data. It's not long screw damage. You fucked this phone. There is no path to data. If you're going to take a phone for repair that WILL BOOT and turn it into a phone that WILL NOT BOOT then make a backup BEFORE YOU FUCK IT UP.