820-00045 keyboard and trackpad not working

ytesfay80

I haven't done anything to this machine except for try different flex cables. The last time I touched it was about 2days ago and it was turning on. The only thing I've messed with since then was the trackpad cable/connector while leaving the battery connected.

Also, I measured the trackpad connector with no cables plugged in and I didnt get any voltages except for on SMC_LID, SMC_ONOFF_L and PPBUS_G3H_TPAD_FLT.

Shouldn't the machine turn on as soon as the charger is plugged in?

Last edited:

ytesfay80

I went to the power aliases page and took measurements on the G3Hot, 5v, and 3v3 rails with the charger plugged in.

All of the "G3Hot" (Always-Present) Rails were present and measured fine except for PPVBUS_E85 which measured 14.9v instead of the 20v the schematic says.
There was 5v on PP5V_G3H_LDO but no voltage on all the other 5v rails and nothing on any 3v3 rails.
PP5V1_S4SW was also 0v as well.

dukefawks

Administrator
I have no idea man, you could have poked/shorted anything at this point. You fucked it up.....
15V on E85 is the normal voltage and would indicate SMC and everything is running.

ytesfay80

Okay could you help me with which component creates the 5v_s4 rails and the 3v3_s5 rails. I'm looking at the schematic but I can't seem to find where they are created.

I checked all the main power rails and none of them are shorted to ground in diode mode with battery disconnected.
I checked L7520 where PP5V_S4 should be and it never has any voltage on it even when I initially plug the charger in.

larossmann If I sent this to you how much would you charge to fix this if I send you the trackpad and cable also?

Last edited: