820-00165 No Green Light

DannyRinc

Had liquid damage, mostly over the LVDS etc area. Ultrasonic, no green light.

PPBUS - 8.2v
PP3v42 - 3.42v
SMC_RESET_L - 0.1v

Tried SMC reflow, same result. Tried reball, no dice. New SMC, same result. 2nd smc replacement, nothing. Don't wanna fuck with U7100 or U5110 quite yet. Anything else it could be? Or possibly three dead SMCs?

DannyRinc

Just read your comment, yeah I tried that tonight as well. R5100 reads at 94k and replaced U5110. Still no dice :\ Could be a bad one, will try again tomorrow.

JohnB8812

You prob only had a U5110 problem to begin with. If you still have the original SMC, try and put it back with a new U5110 if the original SMC isn't dead from being heated/reballed.

DannyRinc

I'm at a loss here, unless I have a bunch of bad SMC's (ive replaced a ton before, never killed them from heat) I have no clue where to look next. SMC_ONOFF_L reads at 3.3v so not sure if that could be an issue... Is U5110 not turning on?

DannyRinc

Sorry duke, never got a chance to measure. Finally replaced it with a known good SMC (off a board I was planning on using in the future) and it greenlighted. I guess I just had dead SMC's. Computer needs a new battery, new keyboard, new trackpad, new LCD, and board repair. Customer is going to buy a new computer. SOOOOOOO all that effort was for nothing. Transfered the SMC back to the working board and it still works perfectly. I was getting so mad at the other SMC's