3. .565
4. 0
5. .526
6. .526
7. .575
8 .413

dukefawks

Administrator
If this is with chip removed that all seems fine. I am out of ideas on this one. Maybe corrosion under SMC or CPU?

bjf

Yes, that was with the chip off. Thanks, I'll keep digging. Could this just be a bad ROM chip or bad programming? And do you know if the fan would spin up without an SPI ROM chip on it?

bjf

Ok, so I had decided to let this one go, but then when I was using it as a diode-measurement reference for another 00165 board I noticed that U1950 was mangled and had some bad diode measurements. I replaced it and now my 3V42 line is at about 7V. Any thoughts about this? The diode measurements on U1950 all match a good board now.

Last edited:

bjf

It had no 3V42 problem before I switched that. I replaced U7090 and it's still at 7V. I guess I'll give up on this again. No time for extended battles.

dukefawks

Administrator
The original board in this thread had 3V42 or it would have been totally dead. No idea what board this is then....

bjf

It did have 3V42. It's the same board. It was fine until I switched out U1950. Something changed in the 3V42 line when I did that. Either way, moving on.