820-00165 Not Cooling Properly

Dusten04

Alright, so I have an 820-00165 that the automatic fan control is not working properly.
Board is spotless, with no liquid damage.

Essentially, the fan stays around 1200RPM no matter what the temps are.

The computer idles at normal temperature and the fan hangs around 1200 rpm. However, when pressing the CPU and producing some heat, the fan stays at 1200 rpm.

All of the sensors are showing proper temp readings, so it seems all the sensors are okay.

I unplugged the trackpad, and I do get high fan speed as I would expect.
I also moved the board into a known good housing (including fan, SSD, and wifi card) to rule out parts and software completely.

I am also able to manually adjust the fan speed on the software side using third-party software.

I personally haven't seen an issue like this, and honestly don't know where to start, as the fan and sensors are working

Thanks for the insight

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
macOS runs fine, or gets slow?
What are the max temperatures showed in HWMonitor?

Just in case, clean ME region in BIOS.

Dusten04

What max temps are showing?
I clearly stated that sensors are showing normally. However, the temps showing, will vary if it’s idling, putting stress, etc

Honestly, your advice in this form has gone downhill. You used to give solid advice, and unfortunately it has gone drastically downhill. I’m not sure if you get paid per response because recently - you continue to waste time by asking questions that’s already been posted in the thread. Or your advice is way off base.
Example, I post one time about a 01700 board not booting without battery, and not charging a stone dead battery, and your advice is “will a client ever use the laptop without a battery attached”
I can’t even believe youd tell a client that if they walked in with an issue of not being able to charge their unit after it completely died.
-I came back on a paid form to give other people the solution. Which I do for free on my Facebook group.

my man, if you don’t have a clue, or experience on a certain board -don’t respond

At this point, I’m paying for this form to support Rossmann and the r2r. not for the advice given here.
I’ll continue to pay, because I believe in r2r, but it won’t be for the advice.
#tryharder

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I was expecting some values.
Like which high temperatures did you note, and fan didn't increase the speed?

You didn't say if machine runs slow at any time.
What about ME region, tried that?

Thanks for your appreciations...