820-00239 liqued damage and no backlight system turns on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repairable

hi all.
820-00239 came in liqued damage
only spot i was able to find is direct on the lcd connector

using a differnt lcd and connector does not make a differnce.

keyboard and touch bar gives light and responds to pressing a button or touchbar
fan spins after few minutes (to long imo)

PPVOUT_S0_LCDBKLT 0.155volt 1.130 DIODE READING
PPVIN_S0SW_LCDBKLT_R 13.06v
LCDBKLT_EN_L 12.95v
R8402 63.8kohm
R8401 80.8kohm

my gues atm is lcd is not reconized/seen

but any help is welkom alot :)

Repairable

cant see anything duke, does not mather wat lcd i use (have 2 atm ) dont have a second MacBook so cant test that :(

but icant see anything when i shine a light i also dont see like the fluid moving in the screen

Repairable

would seeing the lcd mean it is a stable volt of 5V?
and would no pulse at all say (so really nothing) mean there is no power going treu the line (kinda like a short)

dukefawks

Administrator
It pulses the 5V shortly and if there is no LCD detected it will shut down again. LCD EDID detection is done through EDP_INT_AUX lines, check those first as they are also the corner of the connector and easily fucked.

Repairable

here is a part of where i feel like a dumbo.

i have these 2 lines that have EDP_INT_AUX in it. both go from U0500 to the connector only passing true R8503 and R8502 (both no stuf)

EDP_INT_AUX_N 0.004 diode (i think this one is fucked so i measured at the probe points and get the same)
EDP_INT_AUX_P 0.203 diode

my gues is a bad connector even if it looks good :(

smiba

Display connectors often go bad while looking pristine after being hit by liquid, I'd say give it a try

Repairable

nope stil short..... thats not good...

EDP_INT_AUX_N only removed connector and cleaned pads. did not replace
measured diode 0.004 and solid beep

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
R8502/03 are pull ups and not pass through!

The only places where these signals go are the connector and CPU. I guess now you know this thing is fucked.

Kappy

A quick question as I have the same problem as above, does the EDP_INT_AUX_N have a stable voltage that comes from the CPU? and if so does anyone know what this voltage is?

Status
Not open for further replies.