820-00281-A

iFix

Hello.

I have this A1707 board that a few shops played around with. They were heating different controllers hoping it will power on. The main issue was a hole in the board on Q7065 Pin 5 side. I dug up and solved that, no more short on PPBUS_G3H. Also, I noticed that ''maybe'' on purpose they moved the Bios chip and no.1 to 4 pin were not in place and not making a contact. Also, they removed C4202 and when just shorted it with solder o_O I got to a point where I'm getting 20V on the meter and all LDO lines on CD have proper voltages.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 1

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"PPBUS_G3H - 0v"
Diode mode to ground?

Post U7000 basic voltages; P_IN, AUX_DET, VDDA/P, SMC_RST*, AUX_OK, A/BMON.

iFix

PPBUS_G3H diode is 0.400, I didn't find any shorted line. In the meantime, I replaced ISL9239 still the same.

P_IN - 20v
AUX_DET - 5v
VDDA - 5v
VDDP - 5v
SMC_RST - 3.4v
SMC_BC_ACOK/AUX_OK 3.4v
AMON - 0v
BMON - 0v

Also, I've soldered back a new C4202 because it was missing and it was the spot that they soldered together both contacts

iFix

On U5256 i have all voltages besides SMC_4FINGERS_RST which is 0v.
R/C/Q7030/40 all look perfect no liquid damage or anything. I have PPDCIN_G3H_CHGR on Q7030 but no output on L7030 which you know by now :)

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I will like to have an "eye multimeter", as you.
However, I have my doubts about such "measurments".

Check BUF_SMC_RESET_L too.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"check R/C/Q7030/40 and their traces"
I hope you can find a way to check them properly, apart of the "eyes"...

iFix

All diode measurements are good on R/C/Q7030/40. I never said that I measured anything with my eyes, of course, that I checked the diode values. If you have some advice for me I would appreciate it, if not thanks for your time and comedy ✌ 🥳

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You must check components correctly, between their pins, not diode mode to ground.

If all good around U7000, then you have a problem with SMC.

iFix

Okey understood i will check all traces. I have a spare board for parts if needed to change the SMC. U7000 also i replaced new