820-00281 Speaker Amps

brunomotter

Hello! I got this board here which was poked by another store and came here missing U6400 and U6450. I ordered the chip to replace them but as it wasn't me who took the chips out I don't know exactly what orientation I should solder it. This chips do not have the traditional dot on it to mark pin 1. Does anyone have a similar board to take a picture for me?

brunomotter

Well, I replaced the chips, verified for shorts before turning on, no shorts. When I plugged in the board I got smoke under PMIC. Probably this shit is gone now. Full short on ppbus_g3h

brunomotter

Yes. Well, not yesterday, but before I ordered the missing chips the machine was more or less working. It worked well if I plugged in the charger and turned it on but, obviously there was no sound. If I tried to turn it on by battery power the machine would turn on but would never complete booting and after some time trying to boot it would shut itself down. If I plugged charger right after the machine would boot fine and give me a KP with nothing on panic report but a single line telling CPU something. If I turned the machine on with charger plugged, after it booted I could take off power cable and the machine would run fine on battery. I tested the battery with another logic board and it was working perfectly, so no battery issue. This machine had liquid contact as all LCIs are red inside the machine.