820-00840 when i open lid macbook turns on itself when its turned off

farfan14

have strange problem with this model. determined several problems

1) when i open lid macbook turns on itself when its turned off

2) when system is turned on and it asking for admin password if you connect charger it shows 100% and after about 5 seconds it shows correct battery percentage.both ports doing same. e.g if battery is 73% charged ,after plug charge will be imediatelly 100% and after 5 seconds 73% again

3) if you will enter admin password and than you will connect charger than it doesn't shows that 100%

4) customer also said that sometimes macbook was showing charging icon without charger connected but i haven't seen this problem during 2 days checking this macbook

• i tried change battery and also changed both CD3215

brunomotter

1 is expected behavior for this model. 2 and 3 are system bugs, I see this happening here all the time and there's nothing you can do to solve it as I said, it's system bug. 4 is not normal unless it shows charging icon on login screen, if it happens just on login screen, it's also a OS bug, already seen this specially when machine hibernated after battery reaching to 0%.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing to worry, as machine works perfectly.
It should also turn on when you press any key.
Go to System Preferencies, if you want to make changes.

Do not prest atention to login screen notifications.

farfan14

sorry dont understand what do you mean, if macbook is turned off fully and not plugged on charger and if i open lid macbook turnes on itself without pressing any key, is it normal?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Already explained that two times.

"Go to System Preferencies, if you want to make changes."
You can see at least which options are enabled there...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Ooops, just saw no changes available on System Preferencies.
Read this, if you want to disable auto-boot.

Keep in mind, Google is the first tool to use when looking for answers on Internet.