820-00875 restarting.

bjf

This was liquid-damaged through the back vent. It looks like the WIFI area and backlight capacitors are the only thing that got hit. But barely. Nothing looks damaged that I can see. I reflowed all the components in the area to make sure they aren't separated from the board. They were all fine but I wanted to make sure. Booted from external and internal SSD. No difference. Booted with everything connected and everything disconnected. No change. It will always restart within a few seconds of hitting the desktop. I'm attaching the crash report I was able to grab before it died. No Issues Found with Apple Hardware Test. Any ideas what might be happening?

Attachments

• photo1361.jpg
    photo1361.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

bjf

Yeah, I checked every resistor and component for anything abnormal and it all looks good. The board is giving me no visual clues so things aren't progressing too fast. The kernel panics are coming up with different last processes, almost like a RAM issue where you see random processes failing.

dukefawks

Administrator
This is probably not going to be fixable without wasting a lot of time.
The WiFi chip is undefilled so if you reflowed that area you fucked up that chip..

bjf

I didn't go after the chip, just around it, and sent some flux under it. WIFI is still working. But yeah, this is going into the eBay sell stack. I don't have time to do this much guessing. Even if I had the schematic and boardview, this problem would still suck, so without them it's thoroughly pointless. Thanks for the pointers.