820-01521-A don't start - rebooting after using 180mA for 30 seconds

mbcontrol

I'm working on a 820-01521-A. The Board is out of the machine.
The customer said that the SSD is not found. Also booting with an external drive is not possible.
When the machine came to us, she did not start at all.
I can not see fluid damage or other marks of damage.

It boots normal to the point where it takes something arround 180/181mA for 30 seconds.
Then it goes up to something arround 230/250mA and crashes down and boots again.

I have tried to find the error with the boat sequence chart, but i stack now with this board for hours.
I hope you can help me coming forward.

mbcontrol

I put it in DFU mode and used the repair option
after finish repair (4/4 steps) apple configurator 2 lost every view seconds the connection.
I could initiate an restart over the menu of the configurator.
now he shows me a lock symbol and a message "apple control is not ready for operation. click restore to update to the newest firmware" (message is translated from German, maybe the original message in English is different).

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try revive, or restore option?
Restore will erase entire SSD and should start fresh installation.

mbcontrol

It took a while to get the permission from the client.
Restore brought this message (translated from german) ...
"configurator was unable to perform the requested action. Apple control devices do not support this action."

mbcontrol

Update: I ran the restore function several times. Finally it ran through at some point without an error message. The AC2 broght an Padlock as a symbol. The system did not provide any real positive feedback. But I was finally able to repartition the SSD and install Catalina on it.
I hope the system-update is correctly/completely and the machine is running stable.