820-01987 missing pp1v8_slps2r

this board had a food spill and was thoroughly cleaned. the amp meter reads 5v 0.000a. i haven't found any shorted caps but did find a missing pp1v8_slps2r.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Check diode mode to ground on all small coils around U7800; compare with good board, if possible.
T2 requires all AWAKE and SLPS2R voltages to start working.
What about actual PPBUS_G3H and 3V3_G3H_RTC?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"Check diode mode to ground on all small coils around U7800; compare with good board, if possible."
???

I lifted the two coils and they were visibly broken. the metal was still left on the padding. i've replaced them and now it's 20v on the amp meter and the ampage keeps cycling from 1.03a and back down to 0. ppbus keeps cycling from 12.68 to 10v but that's because the battery is charging slowly. when pressing the power button, the backlight on the display stays on even though there is no cpu vcore

Last edited:
it goes into dfu mode with the keyboard method. It gives the "waiting" error message. why would those two coils be broken like that? that area was closed in with a medal shield that i had to remove

i'm using a 87w apple charger and the battery is charging so it must be good. i'm checking the coils around the pmic. pp1v_prim is 0v and ppvpcore_s5 is 0v. should they show up now or later?

all the nand and g3s voltages are there but it still goes to 20v and 0.000a without battery and with battery it tries to charge and then resets. It looks like some of the solder balls under the t2 are combined from the spill