820-1814-A Will only power on sometimes

Zebulon

I'm not sure about this MacBook. Customer brought it in and it wasn't working (not powering up). It was 19.6v and staring with low amps 0.05a, then stepping up bit by bit until 0.86a, then back down to 0.05a and doing that cycle over and over again. I was reading here where someone else has a problem very similar and the used Configurator to revive the MacBook, so I did that and it worked. After testing for awhile it was looking good and I sent the laptop home with the guy. One year later he said it's not always powering up, so I checked it out and it's doing the same thing again, only this time when I tried to revive with Configurator it just hangs at the 4 of 4 installing part. I can't seem to get it to power up at all now, although it wasn't powering up for me when he brought it in either. Any idea what it could be? Thanks!
:)

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
AC2 just hangs up, or shows error?
Do you get SSD and G3S voltages?
Check diode mode to ground on all big coils, including L9080/580.

Zebulon

Sorry that guy didn't want to wait for me to solve the problem, he just sold it for parts and moved on. I have the exact same problem with a 820-01987-A of my own. I will start a new thread for that one. Hope to hear from you on that thread. :)