820-2330-A No chime or display

pcfriends

This board like 3 years ago I send it to repair to a ebay guy , he send it back working and die again , I send it back , he send it back working and die again , I send it back , he send it back working and die again , my warranty on this board expires , and I have to buy anotherboard for my customer back then.

I save it , and now recently I start troubleshooting this board I order a donorboard and all that shit , and when I when to the power rails I find out that PP1V2R1V05_S5 was not there I replace u7750 and c7771 and I got back that rail to work

After that machine power on, fan spin, but I cant hear any chime and I have no display I did the microscope light trick behind the apple logo to check for display and nothing.

I when and check the next rails: PPVCORE_S0_CPU That read around .9v almost 1v

=PPVCORE_S0_MCP= 1v

I did check some other rails but i want to hear what the people who knows more than me think i should be checking on this one. thank you!

dukefawks

Administrator
Original problem was probably just C7771. Ebay idiot reflowed the MCP and messed it up. Replace MCP, but this is soooo old.....

pcfriends

thank you for your answer , i have no equipment or skills to replace a MCP yet i guess i will just send the board back where it was saved , and yes i work on many olderboards i figure that will be cheaper to learn with older boards than with new ones.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
duke's psychic powers are correct here.

replacing an MCP79 is easy as cake. Finding one that isn't dead.. good luck with that one.