820-2610 boots apple logo crashes before it can finish loading

nate8organic

820-2610 boots apple logo crashes before it can finish loading. i had checked the c7777 prior to changing it and it was 1.17v, and i changed it out for a full size 330uf and its 1.17v still so i do not believe it has to do with the c7777. i double checked the osx and its good also. the only thing right now that i can not test to confirm is the lvds cable was a little chard but i cleaned it up and the screen turns on no trouble, i wish i had another duo screen to test this because i have seen a very slightly corroded lvds cable cause the same issue in the past.

Any ideas?

dukefawks

Administrator
Did someone put 8GB RAM in it? These boards are shit and need PC8500 RAM, also they have issues with 8GB. Put 6GB PC8500 in there.

nate8organic

i'm not sure, i was using a 1600 so i changed it out for an pc3 8500 tried a few sticks 1 and 2gbs tried a pram reset and smc reset and no change, however i guess i was never really getting a bong until i did the pram reset. its almost finished loading the os when the wheel freezes and the system crashes back to a restart. it does say when it turns back on that it experienced a problem and restarted. perhaps i just need to run efi and asd at this point?