820-2838 No Power Unless Shorted Pads

MOberdick

So I have a Macbook Air here that was mildly water damaged, ran it through the cleaner and everything worked, even booted up except the trackpad. So I replaced the trackpad as well as the trackpad cable and now it won't power on without shorting the power pads on the back of the board. Once that is done, everything works like a charm but with 2 new keyboard and 2 new trackpads this issue persists. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Update: Forgot to mention the pullup resistors R5290 and R5291 are both giving correct readings

Last edited:

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
If SMC_ONOFF_L does not have continuity to pin 11 of J5700, then yes! But does it not have continuity now?

MOberdick

If SMC_ONOFF_L does not have continuity to pin 11 of J5700, then yes! But does it not have continuity now?
ahhh true... Not sure why i didn't think that through more haha. Well now everytime I press the power button the device SMC resets (according to the magsafe) rather than turning on. The only spot with noticable corrosion was near the SMC and I sure as hell hope that that isn't the issue.