820-2849 power cycling, missing PPVCORE_GPU

Fizzl92

This 820-2849 Turns on for 5 seconds, off for 5 seconds and repeats this over and over again. If its on every Rail except PPVCORE_GPU is present. PPVCORE_GPU is 0.05V. U8900 seems to have all signals it needs and i get ~6 Ohms to GND on it. Is that to low? Is there anything i forgot to check or is it the GPU? From my experience with the 15" 2010 models i know these Nvidia GPUs as normally reliable - not only in comparison with the 2011 AMD ones...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try known good BIOS?

You should expect C9560 failure, before Nvidia.
Seems that is not the case here.

Fizzl92

Thank you. I saved the original file and flashed one i downloaded from badcaps. Unfortunately nothing changed.

Fizzl92

I never hat a bad U8900 but in this case it seems top have done the trick. Now it turns on and boots. Only problem is that i cant get an image on the screen. LVDS connector looks a little bend inside and i have seen this causing no image before if its not making good contact. Right noe i have no 40 pin connectors in stock or on donors so ill need to wait until they arrive. I come back to this if i changed the connector.

Fizzl92

Yes and it did not work. But i had problems with my HDMI adapter recently (unfortunately i cant trust it 100%) and the pins in the LVDS look out of place and the cable won't go in easily. So i want to be sure that the connection is working. Screen dosen't do anything. No Light, no image. So i assumed its not properly detected (have seen this before)... Also if i wait long enought voice over starts talking to me so i am sure its completely booted into my install USB.

Last edited:

Fizzl92

Update: LVDS arrived and device is now working fine. Old one came off the board really easy - was not original. Ill flash the original Bios back on it and it should be fixed. Thank you very much - mark as solved please.