820-2849 Suitable C9560 Replacement

iguystechshop

Have replaced many C9560 on 820-2850, but this is my first time on a 2849 board. Schematic shows a 220uf cap instead of the usual 330 on the 2850. I have tons of donor boards, but am having trouble finding a suitable 220 uf replacement that isn't tantalum.

Any suggestions? Or am I going to have to order one?

iguystechshop

Random shutdowns, especially when stressing GPU. So is this more likely to just be a straight-up GPU issue then? I'm curious too...what is different about the 2849 board that makes C9560 a non-issue? At first glance, it appears the only major difference is a 220uf cap instead of 330.

For what it's worth, just for shits and giggles I replaced C9560 with another tantalum cap last night. Ran FurMark for 2 hours, no shutdowns. Streamed a YouTube video overnight, still running this morning. Is it more likely that heating the board took care of the issue temporarily than C9560 having been the root of the issue?

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
You are doing monkey see monkey do. The C9560 circuit is totally different on this board. On this board it actually is the GPU that is dead.