820-2850 kernal panic

Hi , ive got an 820-2850 board that kernal panics after booting to os within 10 seconds , ive changed c9650 still the same, no signs of liquid damage and wont run ASD , is there anything else i can check ?

dukefawks

Administrator
Tried 1 RAM slot at a time? Besides that I don't think there is much you can do with this one unless there is something obvious. Any history as to how this happened is also very important.

the only history i got was customer changed the screen because it was going "fuzzy" and ended up with no display, found they had knocked off L9000 and thought happy days picture back and then started kernal panic :-(

smiba

If they managed to knock off a complete coil it might be missing more, inspect the board.

Can you upload a screenshot (or picture) of the kernel panic with the text visible? Did you already try a known good installation so we can exclude it being a damaged hard drive or OS?

dukefawks

Administrator
Could be absolutely anything then, full inspection for component damage. Also expect MUX issues as the LCD was of course never the issue.