820-2850 - ppbus_g3h 0.195v

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkDV

Yes, liquid damage.

I looked around more and found Pin 6 of Q4596 to be corroded.

Should I replace Q4596 because its Pin 6 connects to PP5V_S3 thru R4596?

Last edited:

ClarkDV

I'm confused, did I do or say something to provoke attitude from you?

You asked me about PP5V_S3 and I found corrosion on a component that is connected to PP5V_S3 via a single resistor. No matter what subsection of the board that drives, isn't it worth my asking about it simply because it's connected to the signal you asked about?????

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
I assume you are intelligent enough to figure out that power to the ODD is not critical for the board to function.
Look better for corrosion somewhere.

ClarkDV

Like I said, you asked about a signal that is one resistor away from a corroded component that I found. My question was legit. Your refusal to admit that and then offer a constructive way for me to move forward is disappointing, especially on a paid forum. No worries, my subscription is up in a few days and I've already cancelled the auto-renewal. Thanks for the help.

Aldizi

That pretty fucking emo bro? It seems to me as a 3rd party viewer... he's actually trying to help you. I might be crazy but i pay for these forums because shit dude Louis puts out a shit ton of free information on you tube which basically lets you skip 200+ hours of research and we get to respectfully ask questions here about those videos. Sure we can comment on you tube but i want louis to keep putting shit like that out there so i see this as a way to support all the instructors and admins who help us with real world shit everyday.!

Status
Not open for further replies.