820-2879 core2duo brightness

ielectron

This laptop came for a screen replacement, when i replaced it there was picture with backlight, but not too bright, i wanted to adjust it to max brightness, with the keyboard the slider appeared, but the actual brightness did not go up, but went down fully, and up again only changed to this certain dim brighntess, so basically i had two states, a dim one and fully off, than i did an SMC reset,ok , than a PRAM reset, than i kinda lost the backlight. Actually if a wait a bit than the OSX will boot and i have backlight and picture, and the laptop works, except that now i cant adjust the brighntess at all, after PRAM reset. For a while the sleep sensor did not work, when i closed the lid it did not turn off the screen, after that i did the PRAM reset many times, and that is working now, but still no brightess adjustment, and when the laptop comes back from sleep there is no backlight at all, for that i have to restart it.

Its 2010 model so maybe better to just leave it, but now its annoying i put some time in it.