820-2914-B Brief startup then shutdown

dukefawks

Administrator
3 beeps is always a RAM error. Maybe a bad sick maybe a bad slot. Try one stick at a time and try one slot at a time. Should be PC10600 RAM.

dukefawks

Administrator
L7550 will only get power once the board initializes the video.
What is the resistance to GND on L7330, 1.43V is too low so it may be loaded down.

jb_bak

L7330 resistance about 4.7K
I checked with my better multimeter, and it seems my other is low. I just remeasured 1.49v

dukefawks

Administrator
Get a DDR3 memory slot tester to see if any data lines are broken. Although at this point I'm suspecting a bad CPU. What rework station did you use to change the GPU?

jb_bak

It was a Chinese cheapo station here belongs to a friend of a friend. So you think it might have burnt the CPU? I'll look for a mem slot tester.

I'm not familar with CPU replacement on these macbooks. I also dont see any for sale using the part number off this board. Is this a bad avenue to go down? Time for board replacement?

Thanks for all your help.

dukefawks

Administrator
You destroyed a $600 board with a garbage rework station. When I have a machine with an unrepairable board it is end of the line. No way these machines are worth spending $600 on a board. Dump the whole thing on Ebay and cut your losses. Next time take stuff to Apple