820-2915 Macbook pro 15 early 2011 No picture

raainxx

I change the GPU (U8000) on this board (problem video), a pad come with the GPU.
It's the number 400 (NC_LVDS_EG_A_DATA_N<3>)
Now the mbp start with fan and i hear the superdrive but shutdown when normally the screen come white.
Do you know if the pad is really use by GPU?
thanks

smiba

The pad shoudn't really be an issue as far as I know, its says NC (Not Connected) in the signal name and there are no connections to it to be found on the board view.

dukefawks

Administrator
I can sell you a reballed chip and grind off the numbers and put some new letters on it.
These chips are sanded, polished and remarked with new date code. In fact they are reballed 2011 garbage that will fail again in a few months.

dukefawks

Administrator
I have bought chips when they were still available and invested $20K in them. I think the only ones you can sort of find right now are 216-0809000, also many of those are fake, but real ones are still out there.

dukefawks

Administrator
I have no information on that. It is all a mine field and if you are not an expert in assessing chips everyone will try to sell you junk. My advice is to stay away from GPU repairs at the moment. Maybe in a few months there will be new supply of chips, count on 6 months or so.

raainxx

0809000 is same problem with this chip (date code 1642). i haven't problem when i use this chip than the 0005.
thanks

dukefawks

Administrator
I have no idea, could be anything. I have not seen 1642 0809000 chips, but suspect they are fake too. They will work however, but all will fail again after a few months. Post a close up picture of the chips you have so I can see if they are crap.