820-3115 PPBUS Short

Ryanlen2

Hey! I have this board that came in with no power. Short on PPBUS was .1 in diode. C7341 was getting very hot. I removed and now have .132 in diode on PPBUS. Same goes for S5_HS_Computing. PPDCIN is 16.8V.
Hoping the CPU is not dead, please advise on finding this short so that, I myself dont fuck it up being so close to CPU.

Thanks

dukefawks

Administrator
PPBUS to GND resistance? Measure PPBUS to all coils to check for shorted high side FETs. PPBUS present at all?

Ryanlen2

PPBUS to GND from pin 1 of R4260 is .001 OHMs. PPBUS to coils L7550, L7510 and L7520 is .002 OHMs. PPBUS is 1.9V. Thanks Duke.

(PPBUS diode measurement from first post is incorrect. Sorry. )

******Scratch this entire post. I was in wrong mode. Be back with correct measurements. Ugh... Sorry.

Last edited:

Ryanlen2

OK, Here are correct measurement.

PPBUS to GND - 1.9 Ohms
PPBUS to L7550 - 2.7 Ohms
L7510 - 3.1 Ohms
L7520 - 3.1 Ohms
L7630 - 11.7 Ohms

PPBUS is 1.920 V

Thank you.

Ryanlen2

Hi! Injected power and found C7340 getting hot, though this was not the short I was looking for. Replaced C7340 and injected power again. This time the board is not drawing current. Voltage set to 3.5-5V and Amps stuck at 0. Only left it on for a couple mins. Any thoughts? Thanks, have a good one.

dukefawks

Administrator
If C7340 got hot when injecting voltage on PPBUS then the DDR rail already saw 12V so the CPU is probably fried.

Ryanlen2

Ok Duke. Anything else I can do to confirm? Thank you. Btw, PPBUS does read the 3.5v being injected on multimeter. Not sure if this matters.

Last edited: