820-3115 wont power on.

nate8organic

got an 820-3115 with green light and orange when bat is connected. no fan and no power. checked the fuse, checked the one wire circuit seemed like everything was good. Were should i test?
Thanks Again

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
What voltage is PPBUS_G3H?
What voltage is PP3V3_S5?
What voltage is PP5V_S5?
What voltage is PP5V_S3?
Why is this dead? Drop, spill, or none of the above?

nate8organic

PPBUS_G3H -- 12.56v
PP3V3_S5 -- 3.32v
PP5V_S5 -- 5.1v
PP5V_S3 -- 0v my issue is apparently on pp5v_s3 circuit

Def. water damaged.

nate8organic

oh shit!!! sorry i took the measurement but for got to post them!

c1802 @3.3v
03 @ 3.3v

Also were is the clock chip? / part number?

nate8organic

hmm. i guess this board was not ultra sonic cleaned yet. it has soda pop on it pretty bad wrote down the primary affected areas for reference. replaced some parts on the g3h, pp3v3 and ppbus, along with a few other parts. there is way to much soda on/ under chips to expect it to power on at this point so when its done with its bath i will update. sorry i didnt realize this before.

The r7402 did not look affected but in the same area i found some nasty looking stuff. (which led me to my realization here)

nate8organic

okay so now its powering on and working, the only thing is that its charging the computer but it wont run off of the battery.

nate8organic

Yes. It give me the cycles, charge capacity, how much it has to go etc. and it says its charging. and i was just testing it took the power supply off, it stayed on for a few seconds but as soon as i move the computer screen a bit it turns off and wont power up on it. battery has 57% charge.

nate8organic

also it seems like it does not want to power on with the battery installed. but it will after a few tries. its possible maybe the charger adapter is messed up and isnt making the best connection though.
it also seems like if i move the board it powers off so im wondering maybe a loose component also? i have left the computer on running only on battery for 10 min + without it powering down and is not showing any signs that it is going to shut down. if i move the computer though it will turn off, it only takes a slight movement or bump and it shuts down.

nate8organic

no it also does it with the power supply. at first i thought the ps had moved or something causing it to turn off but it clearly is not the charger.