820-3437 - Loosing half charge over night in sleep mode

Sykulski

Hi.

This one was liquid damaged, a small amount of rain water. Trackpad and IPD flex was a little corroded, did not turn on. Changed them and it started. Checked all logic board for corrosion under microscope, nothing to see.

Now it is working but is loosing half of its charge over night in sleep mode. Battery goes from 100% to around 50%. I think it is too much drain. I have checked with two known-good batteries already.

Any hints?

Sykulski

Thanks. Yes there was corrosion but as I wrote i changed both cable and trackpad.

I'm pretty sure it goes to sleep. Fan stops but haven't measured any rails while sleeping

dukefawks

Administrator
Yes L3095, sorry.
If it is draining when it is off there must be a leak from S5 busses to somewhere. Check 3v3_s4 and 5v_s4 if they have no power. If ok then onto all S3 rails.

Sykulski

Ok. It seems I must have remembered wrong when making the first test on losing charge while shut off... Because it is NOT as first stated.

After double checking it appears that it is only losing power while sleeping.

I checked all S4 and S3 while turned off anyways and no power on any of these.

So sorry. But we must start this one over. I hope you've got some hints.

Sykulski

New DC-in board, new IO cable, airport disconnected - still draining in sleep mode...

Now what ?

Thanks

Sykulski

I did not but just tested without it for 5 hours. Battery charge went down from 100% to 74% with camera disconnected in the last 5 hours while sleeping.

Sykulski

Hmmm. Actually not. It's apparently playing possum with me. I got power on S0 even when I use the Apple-menu to go sleep... WTF! I was thinking it was sleeping because the fan stopped. Motherf*****!! Please spank me next time I just assume instead of just measuring the fucking shit. Sorry man!

What can be the cause for this? Thanks Duke...