820-3437 no green light

Dmitry

Hello everyone, I really hope some can tell me what to do or what could be the issue.
I have macbook air which I fixed after water damage for resale. I inspected board carefully and the only corrosion I found was in R7006 area, 4.7ohm resister was bad. I replaced the resister and machine worked perfectly fine. I tested it, for hours, charged and discharged, after that put it up for sale.

In a week when we got customer for the laptop, it would not turn on. It didnt have green light or anything. Then I took it apart, and stated measure stuff to realize that I am getting green light again. I assemble it, and tested it again for 3 days running videos and stuff. So I put it back for sale.

In 2 weeks another customer was interested in the laptop. Guess what, the same thing. I couldn’t turn it on or get green light.
This time I unplug battery and put it back in. It started working again. How can I diagnose this when it randomly not working, or what could cause macbook to work temperary ? Btw it was 69% charged when it turned on.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Corroded 821-1722 cable, corrosion inside that connector, corrosion in trackpad or trackpad connector, corrosion around U5110, corrosion around U7090. What dos PPBUS_G3H measure from charger, with battery disconnected, when you have no green light?

Dmitry

There were no corrosion in areas you describe. I will let you know when it stops working next time.