820-3476 3 beeps

waseem345

this board came from a macbook with a broken display, the casing was dented from the corner.

No liquid damage, looked brand new untouched from inside. I replaced the display and ran diagnostic, came up with an error " There may be an issue with the display", tried another known good display but same error.

i thought if I lightly reflowed the components on the back of the logic board it may get rid of that error, although macbook was working perfeclty, i just didnt want to have that error (customers are very fussy!)

now the MacBook just beeps 3 times and wont power up, theres 1.35v at pin2 of L7430. does this mean rams chips are gone? if so how is that possible? i put very little heat on the back of the board far away from the ram chips.

G.Beard

I doubt it was anything you did.
This machine was dropped. Two things you don't want to work on are impact damage boards and RAM failure boards... But an impact resultant RAM failure? Fuck that.

RAM issues can be RAM, CPU or traces / pads. None of these things are issues you want to try and repair.