820-3662 intermittent shutdown again

Sykulski

Hi. I got one more MacBook Pro 15 Late 2013 which shuts down intermittently again.

It has exact same symptoms when shutting down as this one: https://www.rossmanngroup.com/board...shooting/7110-820-3662-intermittent-shut-down

Can work for long time (several hours) or short time (under five minutes) then suddenly image disappears but backlight stays on for 10-20 seconds and then machine turns off.

It it is now second time I see this model with exact same issue. I tried switching the board to a complete working machine and it still crashes. Thus it must be some logic board issue. I have also inspected for corrosion as last time but did not find anything. This time it wasn't even dusty or anything. Very clean and nice looking. Shiny pads everywhere and so on.

It happens very sporadically but it is like when it first starts crashing then it happens more frequently until I leave it alone for some time. After coming back to it it works for quite long time and then suddenly BOOM - no image - but light in Apple - 20 seconds pass by - machine turns off.

I now now wonder if this issue is going to show up even more times on these models in the future.

Any help appreciated as I still got the first one lying around. Maybe they got the same error.

Thanks.

dukefawks

Administrator
Why would you replace 270 and 330uf caps? You are doing the monkey see monkey do because they was an issue in 2009/2010. There is nothing wrong with them in these machines and never will be.

Sykulski

I replaced C1102/3. It did not resolve the issue. Computer still turns off spontaneously with same symptoms.

Any other ideas ?

dukefawks

Administrator
No idea, could be anything. Probably the board had impact damage and a cracked trace somewhere. Or it was liquid spilled.