820-3662 no video (display not detected )

ytesfay80

I had this board that was liquid damaged from red wine. When I first received the machine with the battery inserted I plugged in my 85w charger the board started sparking right next to the battery connector. I quickly removed the charger and battery and starting cleaning the liquid damage.
The only power rail that was missing was PPVCC_S0_CPU.
I restored vcore and now it is about 1.78v.

I plugged in the display but nothing shows on the screen. On Pin 1 of U8300 I got 0v which means no display is being detected.

This is a 15" 2014 retina and the only other retina screen I have is a 13" 2014 retina display which I'm not sure if that is working either since it just came in with another liquid damaged machine.
I plugged in the 13"retina display and I got 0v on Pin1 of U8300 and PPVCC_S0_CPU so I'm guessing they aren't compatible.

When I plug in my USB stick it lights up.

Is there anything on the board I should check to make sure this is not a problem with the board?

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
When starts, U8300 should be enabled 1-2s at least.
This way eDP has time to rise up the LCD_HPD signal.
Then the board recognizes the panel.
Wait for duke to confirm (or not), he knows better...

ytesfay80

I measured Pin 1(U8300) immediately after plugging the charger in and it doesn't come on even for one second.

ytesfay80

I didn't hear a chime when I plugged in both speakers and the ssd. I don't have the keyboard or trackpad plugged in. Should I plug them in and do a PRAM reset?
I do notice when I initially plug the charger in after about 3 seconds of the fan spinning it will stop for a second then continue spinning.

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If USB mouse lights up, board should work.
It still gets light if you disconnect/recconnect it?
U8300 should be enabled a bit later, not when charger is plugged; at same time when chiming I suppose.

ytesfay80

I plugged in a USB Mouse and it lights up and when disconnect/reconnect it.
U8300 never comes on and I don't hear a chime.
I do feel the SSD getting warm.

Here is a list of components that looked bad before I cleaned up the area and some I replaced.
Q7430/C7432/C7433/C7434 (Replaced)
U7310
C7317/C7318(replaced)
U7200
U5110(replaced)

ytesfay80

That didnt work either. The keyboard is also sticky and likely needs replacing along with the battery and I'm pretty sure they won't pay to fix these issues so I'll just send this back.

jadao

If keyboard is sticky maybe it's not working or some keys, try PRAM with external usb kbd (internal unplugged).
ALT+Windows+P+R for pc kbd

Last edited: