820-3787 EFI Boot Rom Issues

This computer cannot update to High Sierra. It will install up to El Capitan with Rom Firmware of 112.0138. If you try to update to High Sierra it fails install stating there is missing files required to update. Ive also taken it to my local apple store across the street who works with me on a lot of things where he cant fix them and hes had the same issues.

I assume this is a faulty Bios or something isnt allowing the Bios to update so I looked around on google and found the Firmware for 112.0142 which is the firmware revision High Sierra installs. Issue is Im having issues finding in the ROM where the SN and ME region go.
File is linked here for the firmware
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MOtE55s7vMB_rL7SR6EUiEDdEV1gTJkJ

This may not be a directly usable Firmware Im not sure. It may only be useful for updating the Bios. If anyone has a dump of 820-3787 on High Sierra it would be helpful.

dukefawks

Administrator
Just before I go mess with this, you did make sure the clock was set correctly and have an active internet connection? Also make sure it has original Apple SSD in it as it will only update from internal SSD.

Last edited:
Yes installed El Capitan to the original SSD. Up and running connected to wifi. Tried to update to High Sierra from inside the OS and it finishes the first install, reboots then fails update.

Still having the same issue with the new firmware. the Boot Rom still reports as 112.0138.B07 and if I try to install High Sierra it will go through the install that takes 4-5 mins then when it reboots it goes directly back into recovery mode. Sometimes the SSD shows up and sometimes it doesnt.
SSD conn looks fine, no corrosion or broken pins.

Im really lost at this point as to what is happening.