820-3787 Missing PM_SLP_S3_L

supamodz

Hey guys working on this 820-3787, did some troubleshooting and came to the conclusion that i'm not getting 3v3 s0. No short to ground but after checking further i see that it comes from PM_SLP_S3_L, it is 0v not enabling u8180 to open. I have 3v3 s5 on pin 5 as always i get confused with this pm_slp output signals is this bad U1100 or something else is stopping it from outputting this signal.

dukefawks

Administrator
If SLP_S5 is not present then I ver much doubt S4 will be there.....

DSW_PWRGD, ADAPTER_EN? Are you using a REAL 85W charger? Green/orange light present?

supamodz

If SLP_S5 is not present then I ver much doubt S4 will be there.....

DSW_PWRGD, ADAPTER_EN? Are you using a REAL 85W charger? Green/orange light present?

DSW_PWRGD 3.4, ADAPTER_EN 3.404 Real 85w charger green and orange light present.

supamodz

Any history on this board?

Only history i know is that someone else tried to work on the board, but when it got into my hands it had a short on ppbus, I remember you told me that the cpu usually dies. The short was on U7320 i did not think the short would go away so i replaced the chip and it did ppbus is stable but those signals are still missing.

dukefawks

Administrator
Uhm, why are we bothering with this, CPU is dead. Also how can U7320 cause a short on PPBUS? Only Q7320 could have done that and killed the CPU.

supamodz

Uhm, why are we bothering with this, CPU is dead. Also how can U7320 cause a short on PPBUS? Only Q7320 could have done that and killed the CPU.
Say no more when I removed the u7320 the short was gone but I get it it's a dead dog because it got zapped just thought it had a chance to survive when pbus came back. Mark as solved I waste no more time.