820-4924 no battery

water damaged macbook, without a battery, works 100%, attach battery, battery % shows up and seams to be charging. randomly will shut down. if i measure the power pins on the battery while plugged in, the voltage jumps all over, leading me to believe there is a short but nothing seams to be shorted. i removed q7155 and the battery voltage was stable, replaced with spare, and same problem. i have tried 3 different batteries. anyone have a similar issue or have some way to force what ever is shorting out to fail so i can find it?

dukefawks

Administrator
Checked resistance between pins 17/18, 27/28 of the ISL6259? It does shut down with AC and battery connected too?

dukefawks

Administrator
I don't see how the battery voltage can be pulled low unless there is some serious current dragging it down. Also check if SYS_DETECT_L is staying low. Where was the liquid damage?

dukefawks

Administrator
sys_detect_l should be low. Is the 10K pull down resistor ok? Is there corrosion in the battery connector that is messing with it? You could short out the 10K pull down and see if PPBUS stabilizes.

dukefawks

Administrator
I asked to short out the resistor to make sure corrosion under the battery connector can not cause a pull-up effect. Short the resistor and see of PPBUS stabilizes.

sorry inm not to sure what to do from there, the 10k resistor is good, so why is it not pulling down. jumping pin 1 to ground workes to stabalize battery power,

i ultrasonic-ed it once already, should i give it another go? and this happens with all batteries i put in, so it cant be a bad battery

ok so i guess im gonna ask a stupid question. how does one remove corrosion under the plastic battery connector if ultrasonic does not remove corrosion.

Last edited: