a1278 green light only

Modder1

I understand this could be a retarded question. I have this a1278 and after a beer spill I only get green light on charger. I did ultrasonic. and thus far when I plug in only the cpu gets very hot. Sorry but I do not have a clue where to start.
kind regards

Modder1

yes i do get an image with the internal screen disconnected. I think you meant to say internal that is-

Modder1

I'm sorry Duke, I do not know how to find the board number. I also do get fan spin. If you can help me to find out how to tell you about the board number-I am really sorry to have to ask you that. I did a brief google search but didn't seem to come up with an answer. My apologies.

dukefawks

Administrator
So the board is working just no image. Is it just the backlight not coming on? Check with a flashlight behind the Apple logo and see if you can see the blinking question mark after 30 seconds. Put the heatsink back on the CPU!

Modder1

I am now getting display on internal lcd. I do not get a charging light however. It does show that it is charging on the display but no amber light on magsafe. the battery is 97% and it says "battery is charged" I am going to let it drain some and report back. Please let me know of anything else I can or should do. I really appreciate it!

Modder1

heatsink is on but thermal compound got cleaned out more or less. I will have to go buy some now. be back in about 20 minutes.

Modder1

also something did smell a bit of a burn now, laptop was on about 10 minutes with heatsink but very little compound if any.

Modder1

Looks like everything is alright except the keyboard and power button. I will replace those tonight and report back. Thanks again!