A1286 early 2011 running extremly slow

Hi ive got an A1286 early 2011 that is running extremly slow, ive run the diagnostics and no errors apart from complaining about battery which im guessing because its not an original, anybody got any glues where to start looking, ive already had a good look at the board and theres no signs of water damage at all

Hi thanks for the questions, error message is 4xxx/4/40000005: "battery" tried to google it but nothing came back , i tried it without battery installed and still runs slow, i mean painfully slow :)

Hi Duke as far as i can make out i need version 3S144 but i cant seam to find it anywhere , is there another version i can run ? , sorry if i sound a bit thick :) but im new to this

Hi Duke finally got asd 3s144, ran it in efi mode 6 times with no errors reported so then ran in os mode and it did come up with error 28 mux switching failed- didnt switch error and also error 255 unkown result - code 0xff , im guessing could that mean the graphics chip is on the way out ??

hi , eventually got a good battery and error 255 has gone but error 28 mux switching failed- didnt switch error is still there , would this be down to the graphics chip about to fail ???