A1502 EFI password

Aldizi

Normally I dont take these in. This guy i know hes a good client he found this in a hotel room while vacationing... It has an efi password obviously he wants to reformat to give away or use. Any help here?

Aldizi

This is currently beyond me. I will look into dump of the bios chip and how to upload it. In the mean time is there a resource you think may help?

G.Beard

This is not the best guide but it may help

First here is a video from dave jones on the TL866. It's a bit in depth but you'll see how the software and hardware works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLG03f_ua5g

No here is how to remove that password....

Pull the chip from the board and plug it up to the programmer. I have used a different BIOS chip but you'll have to solder some little legs on to the Pro Retina BIOS chip because it's a WSON8 package.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	388.3 KB ID:	22951
Once you’re plugged in open the MiniPro app (comes with the TL866) and select 25 flash detect.
Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	1 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	22952Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	1 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	22953
Click detect It will give you a short list of possible chips so just match it to the part number on your chip.
Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	1 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	22954
Then read
Click image for larger version  Name:	5.png Views:	2 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	22955

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.png Views:	1 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	22956
When it’s done reading the file from the chip the cancel button will no longer be greyed (greyed?) out. So click cancel.
Then save the file to you desktop. It will save as a .bin file. Call it BIOS1.bin
Read the chip a second time and save the file as BIOS2.bin so if you fuck something up you have a backup file.

Download HxD http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Edi...-10891068.html

Open the BIOS1.bin with HxD and search for $SVS

Click image for larger version  Name:	8.png Views:	1 Size:	995.2 KB ID:	22957
Select the small block of nonsense after $SVS

Click image for larger version  Name:	9.png Views:	1 Size:	1,002.0 KB ID:	22958
Right click and select fill section
Click image for larger version  Name:	10.png Views:	1 Size:	1,011.1 KB ID:	22959
Then fill with FF. And click OK.
Click image for larger version  Name:	11.png Views:	1 Size:	1,018.7 KB ID:	22960
There may be several instances of $SVS so check.
Do the same again and after any instances of $SVS just fill the little bit of code after it with FF. What you edited will show up red.
Save the file as unlocked.bin

Now erase your BIOS chip from the drop down as before when you read the chip

Once it has finished erasing do a blank check from the same dropdown.

Once it has varified the chip is blank just open your unlocked.bin and flash it back to the chip with the program option from the same dropdown as the above image.

Slap the chip back on the board.
Power in and PRAM reset.
Boot into an installer USB and erase the SSD.
Install a clean OS.

Done

But failing all that you could just buy a chip from eBay for $25. eBay for 820-xxxx BIOS CHIP and slap one of those on there.
Here is one for the 820-4924

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EFI-BIOS-f...MAAOSwnNBXVL3p

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited: