A1706 works,now suddenly had no ssd

crea2k

Iv got a macbook touchbar a1706 here that had water damage apparently. I didnt see much evidence of this on the board though other than stickers that had changed colour. So I change the battery and this solves the problem of it not wanting to charge the battery. I run the battery down all day playing youtube videos and then recharge it a couple of times and the mac is working just fine. I then put all the screws back in the motherboard and re assemble it. Turn it on and a blank screen, so im thinking a cable isnt plugged in properly, check and everything is fine. I then realise its giving me the no storage found flashing icon on the screen. So I pull the board out again, check all the screw holes for damage (not sure if these get such thing as long screw damage, but worth a look). All screw holes appear to be fine, checked around the ssd's and under the covers and all looks fine there. So now totally confused, why would putting screws back in stop the ssd's from working ?.
If I put it in recovery mode no storage is detected at all, why oh why apple decides to solder the storage to the motherboard is beyond me.

So im not sure if this is related to me putting the screw in or whether this is water damage come back to bit me in the ass.

crea2k

Iv checked that socket and it just has a blanking plate connector plugged into it. Removed that and cleaned the connector and plug and plugged it back in and put the screws back in the connector, but still nothing. Iv already done a visual check on the board under the microscope and it literally has no water damage at all that I can see.