A1990 820-01041-A SSD

kashitozu

Hello,

I have a MacBook A1990 whose hard drive is dead, can I take the A2179 hard drive and put them in? and in which direction should I put them?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Get the NANDs from donor board, same exact model
And place them in the same position.
If you want to use the NANDs from other machine, you need to initialize them properly, according with your need.
Same apply for new chips.

kashitozu

The A1990 is a basic 1TO but I saw that the nands were burnt out so I changed U9080 and U9580 then I bought original nands on aliexpress 1to I installed them but they don't work then I configured 256G nands with the p13 programmer but it doesn't work even though I have the right voltage, when I go to restore in DFU mode, apple configurator gives me the following error: Gave up waiting for device to transition from DFU state to DFU state. [com.apple.MobileDevice.MobileRestore - OxFCA (4042)]

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Bad, or not correct NANDs is a possibility.
Did you connect battery and trackpad for DFU restore?

Did you try to configure the NANDs bought for 1TB as 256GB, or changed them accordingly?

kashitozu

Trackpad and keyboard are well connected and the battery is connected and well charged, the charger is original.

The 1T0 NANDS are original NANDS, so the P13 programmer can't read them, but the supplier confirms that they work and that they're original NANDS, and I've installed them in their original direction.

I programmed the NANDS before installing them in 256G, so the NANDS are good, because my porgrammers read it and programmed them in 3x 64G TSB4226 and one 128G TSB4227.

1- Do we agree that if I've been able to program my NANDS, they're good?

2- Do you think I have a problem elsewhere on the T2, for example, because I have all the voltages on the NANDS?

3- Do we agree that since they're original NANDS, the programmer can't read them? It's already happened to me several times

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Never trust the chinese sellers!

If the NANDs are really good, correctly initialized and placed in their corresponding place, then may have other problem on the board.
You can't be 100% sure about the NANDs, until you solder them on working board.

This is all we have confirmed about DFU errors.