a2141 820-01700 Boot problems

yianaki

Hello,

I have a weird issue. I got a new logic board for a a2141 but it won't boot normally. I've never encountered this. It has 20v and 2-3 amps.
All normal, but i get the "no entry sign" flashing. I can't enter internet recovery or anything.
It does go into DFU mode and I tried to revive and restore it with another mac but it always goes in that "no entry sign" and it flashes that for a while until it reboots itself.
I am stuck. I don't think its hardware related (but i could be wrong). I think I got a logic board that's new and needs to be initialized or something. (that's all i can think of).
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"I think I got a logic board that's new"
Where?
Apple don't sell boards...

Did you try starting in Internet Recovery mode?
Can you detect its SSD in other Mac, starting in Target Disk mode?

yianaki

Thanks for the reply.

I got the board from a reseller.
Yeah I know it can't be new but... When I got it it came in a weird box with good packaging and a weird serial number and other numbers.
It also had weird brackets holding the sides on the board.

Yes, I did. It doesn't go into recovery mode at all.
Neither in Target disk mode. The keyboard is working because SMC reset works and DFU mode works.
I try to boot off a USB and nothing happens.
It's just strange. Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks again for your help :)

yianaki

Yes, it completes. No errors. It shows the lock symbol.
When doing the DFU restore/revive process, it always goes to the "no entry sign" symbol flashing. I basically never see an apple logo.
It's very strange.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
No idea how did you get this board.
There is a chance to be really new, if came with brackets.
If is the case, then needs AST2 to initialize T2 with serial number and all required stuff.
This can be done only by official Apple ASAP.

yianaki

Yeah, that is what I figured. I still have no idea how the reseller got this.
Thank you so much for the help.
Maybe I will try and ask apple to help me or something. Let's see how it goes haha!