Amtech Flux Plunger??

IbeSial

This is a total rookie question but I got a tube of the Amtech NC-559-V2-TF direct from the Rossmann Group and it came without a plunger. I have some smaller ones that I got from a medical tube but it does not fit. Does anyone know where I can get a lager one that I can use with the Amtech? Is there a standard flux sized plunger that I just don't know about?

dukefawks

Administrator
My finger works fine for this purpose. When it gets empty I just shove some paper in there so I can push it again. Just my KISS solution...

IbeSial

ok I ended up just using the smaller plunger but it started to just ooze out the back and then i just used that to goop it onto the board with a Q-tip. This is my first time using flux that works and wow I love it. The solder just goes onto the pad!! What a concept!!

dukefawks

Administrator
Wait, there is actually nothing in the back of your syringe? My 559 always comes with a plunger just not with a "stick" attached, so you can just push it in with your finger.

IbeSial

You are right there is a plunger but no "stick." I found a good solution though. I found a few smaller suernges that I can use and so I split the Flux up into the smaller parts so that way I have more control over how much i am using.