Anyone tell me the MLB number for A1708, EMC 2978?

G.Beard

Please.

Have a customer asking about repair on one of these machines and a replacement screen. Can't find screens or the MLB number but maybe my Google foo is weak?

Cheers.

dukefawks

Administrator
These machines have been out for 6 weeks, forget about finding parts for that for the next 6-12 months. Moving on.

dukefawks

Administrator
Tell me where you found them, cause I'm sure as hell not paying powerbookmedic $650+tax+s/h for an LCD. Apple will fix it cheaper for you!

G.Beard

Tell me where you found them, cause I'm sure as hell not paying powerbookmedic $650+tax+s/h for an LCD. Apple will fix it cheaper for you!

One on eBay and some on powerbookmed. $500. Apple and cheaper.... Now there is a statement I never thought I would hear.

dukefawks

Administrator
You would be surprised at some prices Apple charges for standard repairs. Complete retina topcase replacement for <$250.

G.Beard

You would be surprised at some prices Apple charges for standard repairs. Complete retina topcase replacement for <$250.

I assume they refuse any replacements if it's a previous write off (nsurance) or if the board has been reworked?

dukefawks

Administrator
No, only if the board has been totally trashed maybe. This is out of warranty repair so a corroded to fuck board does not matter. Ripped off components maybe be an issue.