Bizarre Repair 2020: 13" Macbook Pro (A1502, 2015) Filled with Lotion

matthewgreene

I didn't look. As I mentioned, I'm totally new on this forum; I came because the forum is advertised as, more-or-less, providing a resource that can walk you through logic board repair. This is most difficult logic board repair I've encountered, hence, here I am. I am unaware of the breadth of resources that may or may not be available on this forum, being a new member.

With that said, if there is an expectation or preference that I acquire certain resources such as a BIOS from this forum, then perhaps you could provide a link, or even mention that such a resource is available here, when you state that I should 'flash the BIOS' of the board on which I'm working.

Can we assume, for the time being, that I did manage to complete this step properly and move on to the next step?

matthewgreene

Sorry, am I just looking for USB activity at this point? The major thing that happened was power restored to all major lines on the board, 5.25 V @ USB, and me asking if I should try to boot this board. You wrote that I should try a known good BIOS. I reflashed the BIOS with the file you linked me to. Now, I was waiting for you again, for more or less a next step.

Thanks.

matthewgreene

I guess I’m going to have to ask for clarification again; I’m not sure what you’re asking when you say the “state of the board.” From my perspective the board, seems to have expected power in the expected locations.

Previously, I asked if I should try to boot the board, to which you replied I needed to try a known good BIOS first. This is where I’m at: seemingly functional board, new BIOS installed.

Can you please clarify what I’m looking for regarding ‘board state?’

Thanks.

matthewgreene

Okay... just to clarify: by power up, you mean put the board back in the case and try to boot it?
Do I need the battery hooked up to do this?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
iCore boards usually turn on automatically, when charger is connected.
But recent thread for the same board, mentioned didn't start without battery; so test both cases.

Try the board out of case, with only USB mouseto check for activity.
Check first if you get voltage on all coils and CPU heats...