Charger costs

smiba

Apple is really stepping up their game! 114 euros for a charger!

Imagine buying a 1500 euro laptop and then needing to pay over 100 euros for a second charger, something that costs them barely 10 euros to make.
Just incredible

Attachments

• photo1494.png
    photo1494.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Atomrepair

Expensive, but people walk into the apple world with both eyes open. Like hell if I'm going to buy a laptop (or other device) that expensive without spending some time on research beforehand. I know how many people can't be arsed to do so, but then who is to blaim? Besides, if you can spend the 1500 on the laptop, you're looking at slightly more than 1/15th of that investment here. Apple is taking a ridiculous margin off of these chargers, but they do that off everything they produce.
If there's anything for consumers to go up in arms over it ought to be the damn screens, glueing of batteries and all the other shit they do to make simple repairs either much more expensive or downright impossible to do. I dont see how the price of a charger or usb-c adapter can cause so many people to start screaming bloody murder while all of this other stuff stays relatively below the surface. Sure, people complain about it, and you see the occasional ifixit '1/10 repairability' score fly by, but it seems as if no one gives a fuck and keeps on buying the same thing. Blech. :mad: