Data Recovery.

Aldizi

I heard someone use UFS Explorer to recover data ive tried for a week now to recover the data but all i get is trash files. How is this program used properly? The drive is a working Drive and customer formatted by accident because windows prompted him to for some reason.

dukefawks

Administrator
I have used getdataback for mac in the past. You will get a massive pile of files and garbage and will need to manually go through it all and rename stuff.
You could try running Diskwarrior first, but if the catalog file was deleted it may not find anything.

Monkey Bytes

You could try something along these lines.
That, or I've used PartitionGuru in the past to recover deleted windows partitions. I believe it can SEE and maybe recover mac partitions but will not let you do any file manipulation (it's a windows program).

Monkey Bytes

its for a windows drive
More my territory. With Partition Guru, you can just open up the disk in a HEX editor. If the drive free space is all 0s or a repeating sequence, then the customer might have done the "Prepare drive for resale" option. Typically when doing a reset, it will either give the option to "Delete everything" or to "Delete everything PLUS overwrite free space". If they did the latter, nothing can be done.

Now if the drive was just a data disk and they hit "quick format" thereby making the drive "unformatted" or "raw" I think you still have some luck.

Aldizi

Monkey thanks for the info... Not sure where to pick up partition guru. The drive is an external WD Drive It had 2 partitions one is recovery for some reason the second is 950gb unallocated..... im scanning the drive now for last partition using mini tool power data recovery tool. Where can i pick up partition guru? O and thankyou for your time

Monkey Bytes

Where can i pick up partition guru?

I think it used to be freeware, the old versions you can find http://appnee.com/partitionguru-pro/
Right click disk, search for lost partitions. You can then choose what partitions to keep, recover data without writing to disk, etc. Or you can actually save the new partition table to the disk and get it worked out that way.

Also you can select the 950gb partition and do the "whole disk file recovery" stuff. Sometimes it can also recover elements of the original file structure. I've had a case where the partition was toast, but it found all the files and placed them in the original file tree. Unfortunately this will also contain deleted files, so it can get out of hand quickly.

Aldizi

Yeah mini tool turned up alot of photos and video this guy is after! documents thou Awesome thanks for the link will try and ill write a detailed log for everyone else of what worked etc.