EDID over DP

dr. moast

Hi everybody,

we have been replacing tons of Retina LED panels in the last three years, most with the original revisions but some with the generic LG versions (e.g. SJAV instead of SJA1)

There always was the problem that resolution settings didn't match up but our customers never complained about it as 99% of people simply use the screen in its native resolution, which works without a problem.

But in the last two weeks we are getting more and more complaints about the MacBooks losing ability to adjust the backlight after upgrading to OSX Sierra. Apple seems to have removed or changed some drivers to stop support for those panels.

As the panels are technically identical to the Apple versions, I believe flashing the EDID would solve the problem.

Does anybody have information on this topic?

Best regards!

dukefawks

Administrator
There is some EDID utility in AST, maybe it can be ripped out and used. I have no further information about this tough. I am 100% sure it must possible, but no intention to mess with this.

dukefawks

Administrator
There is also the "EDID reset tool" for 27" cinema displays that I know of, these have eDP panels also. So there are a few different options for anyone wanting to mess with this.