First successful board repair

Coronaflyest

A few weeks ago I decided I will start repairing Macs, I started by buying Macs with cracked glass and fixing them. Thats how I bumped into Louis's channel. Then I couldn't stop watching the component level repairs it felt like an addiction. I've been into technology since I was really young, I even completed a few electronic courses like 10 years ago.

I decided to buy a hot air station and a few other things, I purchased a mid 2009 MacBook Pro 15 inch MacBook for like 50 bucks that had a green light and wouldn't power on. Today I started researching online, looking at the schematics and previous threads on the same issue. My diagnostics pointed to C7771, I was only getting .0316 V, so no PP1V05_S5_MCP. I had a donor board and decided to take the capacitor from that one. Then I had fan spin. I know the proper thing to do is put a 330uF but I didn't have one and I just wanted to see the fan spin.

I know this machine is almost a decade old but I feel more confident now working on newer machines.

I just want to thank Louis for making this possible and putting out all the resources at our fingertips.