Freezing Separator for Retina Screens?

Revive

We're exploring options for repairing/replacing 15" MacBook Retina LCD's and are looking for some kind of machinery to make the process easier and more consistent.
Does anyone have experience using a freezing separator for this (something like the one below)?

https://www.electron-parts.com/lcd-...ing-separator-machine-2000w-60hz-p-32865.html

Would extreme temps damage the backlight or possible condensation be an issue?
Is there any other machines one would suggest instead or in addition to?
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

dukefawks

Administrator
I have no idea, but I wonder how you will make money? Complete assemblies are $250-300 and a separate LP154WT1 LCD is pretty much the same price at the moment. It is just not worth the hassle.

Revive

Thanks for the reply, what your saying is totally correct, and my initial and current position as well.

As you probably know working direct with Chinese suppliers is a constant struggle, the economies are always completely backwards, quality seems to go down with each proceeding order and usually prices go up if they sense your pleased with the product. I guess the idea is that just getting the raw panels will cut out one more middle man so at least we control the quality and improve the price a bit. Not saying thats a plausible case right now but just exploring options in case the landscape shifts a bit.
We work at some level of scale so if we could make the situation better at some level it may be worth it. Then again maybe not.

It's a really really tough nut to crack for sure.

Anybody know the factory cost of these things are? Seems like asian suppliers are remarkable at having a united front on their price points, ($300 for good quality) or maybe thats just the actual cost more or less

Repairable

I got a freezer. Of you plan in using iT for Macbook screen make sure you get a big ASS one.
Mine fits iPad lcd.
But after the first few test i stoped because backlight Gers fucked everytime