LB 820-2879 B works but randomly sleeps

Mac-N-Sauce

Ok, i have a fully working 2010 13" macbook pro. Had some minor water damage and we replaced keyboard backlight and battery. Now after several weeks of use there are random times when the computer lcd will sleep while the machine is in use. You can click any key and it will come back on.

If I am understanding correctly, this would be a current sensing issue correct? I am guessing there is a data line to the lcd. Is it I2C_BKL_1SDA?
I am not sure where to chase this one down.
Thanks

dukefawks

Administrator
Yeah they can look good but are they? Only thing that will cause it to go to sleep is SMC_LID. Must be crap under BIL connector or bad BIL itself.

Mac-N-Sauce

Makes sense, but other than trying to remove a bill connector from another board we are stuck right? I have seen on another thread where you use heavy flux and heat the back side, then I also saw where a guy sliced it off the old board. Any thoughts?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
to get yourself a connector: heat the bottom of a dead board until it comes off the top of the board to harvest yourself a connector, then solder the connector. you have to steal.

or you can shove it in an oven at a really high temp until it is loose and just comes off but this makes a mess.